Collecting the Sap…
- Go to each collection site
- Either pump the sap or bucket the sap by hand into a collection tank in the pickup truck
- Bring back the sap to the sugar house
- Pump the sap from the collection tank in the pickup truck into the sugar house
- The sap first travels through a 10 micron filter, where all particles big and small are removed from the sap
- The sap then travels through two Ultra-violet sterilization units, where most of the bacteria in the sap is killed.
- The sap is then pumped out to a 500 gallon stainless steel insulated holding tank behind the sugar house