When it is time to boil the sap…
- The sap is pumped from the holding tank into the sugar house using a stainless steel pump
- The sap first goes back through two Ultra-violet sterilization units
- Then the sap goes through a 10 micron filtration cartridge
- The sap is emptied into a 125 gallon poly tank in the attic of the sugar house
- The sap is then gravity fed from the holding tank in the attic to the evaporator. The sap flow is controlled first by a manual ball valve to temper flow, and then by a float valve in the evaporator to keep a standard level of sap in the back pan (the “sap pan”).
- The sap enters